If you have looked around the American Home Services website at all, you know how passionate we are when it comes to mold removal and protecting you from mold exposure. Is your home making you sick? What can you do to stop it and feel well again?
Mold is everywhere in our life and there are some molds that are benign, while others are potentially deadly. If you find that you and your family are exposed to mold, you need to get your home cleaned as soon as possible. The sooner you address the problem, the easier it will be to remove the mold and the less damage the mold can do to your health.
Mold is a fungus and destroys food, building materials, and other natural substances. It doesn’t harm plastic and other man-made materials. This is bad enough, but the mold releases spores that contain mycotoxins. These mycotoxins are the culprits behind health issues such as breathing problems, joint pain, and other severe problems. Even dead spores can release the mycotoxins, so removal is important.
If you suspect that you have a mold problem, it is vital that you contact a mold expert to test your air quality and, if mold is the culprit, set up a mold remediation plan. Make sure the company you hire is fully licensed and has experience with mold problems. This is not an area of your home where you want to cut corners.
Cleaning can help alleviate the problems associated with mold exposure, but total removal and making sure that the mold doesn’t return is the only way to make sure you and your family are free from becoming ill from the mycotoxins. Some signs of mold growth include musty odors, increased illnesses, water damage, and more. Contact a trusted company like American Home Services immediately, if you have one or more of these signs.
If you have mold exposure and are experiencing any health problems, you should let your doctor know. If they don’t factor mold exposure into their diagnosis, they may do more harm than good. If you do have your home tested, you can take the results with you to your doctor visit.
Most people think that if they bleach their home, the mold will go away. The opposite is true. Bleach doesn’t kill the mold, it only removes the color and can actually make the mold situation even worse. In addition, you will be dealing with the hazardous vapors of chlorine bleach.
There are some cleaning agents that you can use to clean surfaces, like vinegar, tea tree oil, and so on, but they won’t penetrate into walls and floors. In addition, if you don’t stop the water source that the mold is using to grow, you’ll be back at square one in no time. Mold can take foot in less than 48 hours of water entering your basement or crawl space. It’s better to let a professional mold removal service do the job.
One of American Home Services licensed and certified mold inspectors will come to your home and conduct a visual inspection. They will also walk you through the mold remediation, mold removal, and indoor air quality testing process. Your health begins with a healthy home.
Click here to read more about side effects of mold as well as illnesses caused by mold.